Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fast Midland Trip

Last weekend my parents were going to be in Midland for a few days so I decided to brave the road and take a mini road trip with Jackson. We drove down on Thursday and drove back on Saturday. It was a quick trip but we got to see my parents, my Mammaw, and my niece Emily. It was well worth the drive. Below are a few pictures. One of the highlights was our walk over to the garden that the residents of Manor Park (the retirement community Mammaw lives in) have. They grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables and allow any of the residents to pick the produce and take it home. When we got there, most of the stuff had been picked (apparently they come out at dawn and pick their produce) but I did find a really pretty red bell pepper. I let Jackson hold it and before we knew it, he was eating it like an apple. His face was red from all the juice. He LOVED it.











0 comments: