Friday, April 13, 2007

My Friday Night

Daddy had just gone off to work, I was snuggled up in mommy's lap having my last bottle, I had drifted off into dream land when....mommy jumped up, started throwing blankets & pillows into the closet, and then plopped me down in the middle of them. What in the world? Later I found out we were doing exactly what mommy & daddy planned should the tornado siren ever go off (which it did). We were safe in the closet. Funny that when mommy grabbed me, she also grabbed her phone and the camera (you've got to take pictures of the first tornado shelter right?).
From the closet we could see the tv in mommy's room so we kept up with the storm until the electricity went out.

I was enjoying camping in the closet but I was also ready to get into my own bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mommy has some tornado stories that she will tell you when you are a little older. I guess this makes you an official "tornado alley" kid now, but as your Nana Jo, it makes me nervous!

Rebecca said...

oh WOW- that is CRAZY!!!!!!! I could not imagine trying to keep Tal corralled in the closet!!! glad everything is ok now!!! looking forward to seeing ya'll this weekend- I can not believe it is finally here!! hope things are going well=)I can not believe Jackson is almost 1 yr old!!! what a BIG BOY!

Anonymous said...

We had a tornado drill, too, a few weeks ago when Tylor was here. Ours was in the hallway, and Daddy put our mattresses in the hall along with the pillows & blankets - and he even made us pack suitcases! It's a good thing there wasn't really a tornado, cause with all that stuff in the hall, there was no room for us!