Friday, April 11, 2008

4am Wake-Up Call

Picture it.....4am, daddy runs into my room, swoops me out of bed and puts me in the closet with mommy. There are no lights, mommy isn't saying much because she's also half asleep and we sit in there as daddy listens to the wind. About 30 minutes later, daddy gets me out of the closet and takes me back to bed. A bad dream....no, it was real. Another tornado in our area. Two years of life, two times in the closet for a tornado (actually more than that if you count being in Ms. Dianna's closet last week).

Anyway, I thought all was back to normal as I snoozed the rest of the night away in my own bed. Little did I know. Mommy got me up at the usual time but brought me breakfast in my room and quickly changed my clothes so we could head to school. She tried to keep me from remembering that I ALWAYS watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on tv as I eat breakfast in the morning (I remembered I was just too tired to say much). Why didn't I get to watch it this morning?....because we had no electricity.

No electricity, a blown down fence, and a lot of missing roof shingles...that's what we got while we hid out in the closet. Got to love it!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you were all okay!