Saturday, September 20, 2008

Beautiful Sights....Without a Camera

Last night we went to the Plano Balloon Festival. We'd love to show you great pictures but we didn't have a camera. Somehow yesterday while we were up at the church, I misplaced my camera. I'm hopeful that we'll find it but right now we are without. It stinks!

Without pictures, I'll have to try to just explain what we saw last night. It was amazing. We arrived after the evening balloon launch but we did get to see all the balloons in the air over the park. After eating some incredibly fattening food (corn dogs, turkey legs, ice cream, etc) we settled in on the grass to watch the balloon glow. There were probably 20 balloons (nothing compared to what the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta has I'm sure) and some of them were even special shapes. We saw a tree with birds, a huge daisy, a panda, and a dinosaur. Once the balloon glow started, Jackson was in awe. He'd help do the count-down to "All Burn" and "Twinkle Burn". When we thought is was about over, the announcer said that since the weather was perfect (which is was) and the pilots were agreeable, they'd open the field and let everyone walk amongst the balloons. This is when we really wished we had our camera. It was the most surreal experience. It would be dark all around and then they'd do the glow and the area would just light up. You could even feel the heat from all the balloons. If you ever get a chance to go to this, you need to go. Jackson loved it and we all had a blast.

(If you'd like to see a few pictures, we each have some in our phones but that's all the proof we have of the evening.)

1 comments:

Stacy said...

I would like to request the return of the birthday ticker so I can be reminded how old Jackson is. Also, time to add a pregnancy ticker!! WEEEEEE!