Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is it a baby Boy Umbrella or a baby Girl Umbrella?

Well, we have to wait no longer. We finally know whether baby Umbrella is a boy or a girl. The woman doing the ultrasound this morning was the sweetest lady ever. She knew we wanted to know the sex of the baby and kept going back down there until the little one finally let us take a peak. It was neat because as she was looking and taking pictures for the doctor, she explained every little thing to us. It's amazing what they can tell from a baby less than 1 lb and only half way to term. She looked at the baby's lips to check for a cleft palate (no cleft palate), she looked at the space around the baby's brain, she counted bones in the legs and arms, she even counted fingers and toes. I'm very grateful (& humbled) to say everything checked out great. It was reassuring to have her explain everything to us (that didn't happen with the doctor who delivered Jackson). Anyway....after the baby finally decided to uncross its legs....we saw (& might I say SAW VERY CLEARLY) that we are having a baby BOY! That's right, I am going to remain the only female in the house and I am thrilled. No names as of now. We'll stick with Umbrella until a more appropriate name is agreed on.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations!!! Gotta love those sweet baby boys! ; ) I'm so glad that he looks healthy. Such an answer to prayer. I'm glad you liked the person doing the sono. After having TONS of sonos there, I found that all of the ladies were very knowledgable and nice too! We are so happy for you!! : )

Stacy said...

Hooray for Baby Boy Umbi!

The Azams said...

Congrats on baby boy #2! Personally, I'm loving life as the only girl in the house. I wouldn't have it any other way. Glad he looks healthy!

Michelle said...

Congrats on a healthy boy!

Anonymous said...

YEA! I have to mention that I was right and Marc was wrong! Meaghan, you threw him a curve ball with the sickness early on! We are very excited.

Meredith said...

Congratulations on your healthy baby boy, Umbrella! That is so awesome. We are so happy for you and your boys!

Rebecca said...

yeah!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Becky, Phil and Hayden said...

Congratulations on another boy!! Glad to hear all is well!

Jennifer Ferguson said...

Yeah Meaghan! I am so excited for you! Nothing is better than a little boy....

Amelia said...

woo hoo!!! so excited to hear that. :) congrats!