Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jackson's Dinosaur Mask






Jackson had a cough and we noticed some wheezing the other night so I took him to the doctor just to get things checked out. Turns out his blood oxygen levels were low and the doctor heard a lot of junk in his lungs. By the time we left the doctor, we were heading to another place for a chest x-ray and had a prescription for a nebulizer and treatments. Three hours later we were home. Trying to find a nebulizer took 2 hours of getting me and Jackson in and out of the stores only to hear someone at the pharmacy counter say, "I can order you one." Order one? My child needs this TONIGHT! By the time I found one a few Wal-Marts, Targets, and Walgreens later, the poor guy behind the pharmacy counter had to stand there while I cried uncontrollably when he told me my insurance wasn't going through. Poor guy didn't know that you don't say something like that to a woman just a couple of weeks away from giving birth after she's worked a full day and lugged a sick child all around the city for a few hours. I was exhausted and my hormones got the better of me. After tears started flowing, he quickly got back on the phone and straightened things out with the insurance. An hour later...and many dollars later, we were on our way home. Luckily the dinosaur mask is working and Jackson is sounding a lot better. It was worth the trouble...it always is.

4 comments:

Ed JoBeth said...

I'm sooo sorry you had to go through all that. It's times like those that I really wish I lived closer so I could help. I'm glad Jackson (and his mom) are doing better--Mom (Nana Jo)

The Azams said...

I'm so sorry Meaghan. That must have been so scary and frustrating. Brady just had a cold the other night and was acting different and I started to get very worried, I can't imagine.
Glad things are getting better.

Unknown said...

Oh, sweetie...my heart aches for you. I totally get the crying thing! Do you need any help this week??? With anything? Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you out. I'll be in touch.

Jennifer Ferguson said...

Oh sweet Meaghan! I just went through that with Luke, well ok, not the looking for a nebuilzer, but the whole sick thing!! I can't believe you couldn't find one!!AHH insurance.