Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nature Preserve

Yesterday was such a pretty day we decided to go over to Arbor Hills Nature Preserve for the morning. It was nice to finally get out of the house after being cooped up because of all the cold weather this week.



We spotted a woodpecker. He blended in with the tree so well we had a hard time seeing him.



There is a huge lookout area that you can climb up to look over the city. Michael and Jackson climbed up while I took pictures from below.



It made me nervous to see Jackson standing up so close to the edge.




This was a sign we saw. I thought it was a little ironic. Just made me laugh since the trail was closed for vegetation preservation yet there was nothing but dead tree limbs all around. Hummm.




Jackson has a fascination with sticks (like every little boy does). His sticks kept getting bigger and bigger. He was pretty proud of this big stick he found. He actually carried it a long way before finally getting tired and setting it aside to find later.




Aside from the nature trails, there's a really great park. Jackson really enjoys swinging on the big red swing.



Michael snapped a picture of me resting. You can see just how big Grayson is getting. I hardly have room to breathe.



Jackson behind bars.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

you look fantastic Meaghan- praying everything goes smoothly with Graysons' arrival!

Meredith said...

What a fun day! I know you enjoyed the beautiful weather. We've been having great weather here and so we have been hanging out alot outside.

Meaghan, you look amazing...I can't believe you are due any day.