Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Land of the FREE

While most people are waiting around for President Obama to "make them rich", I'm getting rich off all the free stuff that is out there. Michael has been making fun of me lately for all surveys I sit and take with the promise of getting a free drink or a free desert at my next visit to any specific restaurant. Currently in my wallet I have 2 receipts worth a free Rt 44 at Sonic, one free desert at La Madeline, and a free chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A.

So yesterday I drove to meet my mother-in-law half way between her house and our house to pick Jackson up. On my way back home, I decided I needed a Sonic drink so I stopped to use one of my free Rt 44 coupons to get a free drink (it wasn't Happy Hour time so I was not about to spend almost $2 on a drink). I ordered and let them know about my coupon. Between the time I ordered and the time they brought my drink, I got busy messing with Jackson and Grayson and forgot to pull my coupon out. When he was handing me my drink, I apologized and started to go for my wallet to get the coupon. Well...the very nice man said, "Don't worry about it. Save your coupon for next time. Just take this today." WOW...a FREE Rt 44 without even using my coupon! Yippee!

So I thought my luck was over until this morning. I had to take Jackson by the doctor and wound up with another prescription (drainage is YUCK-O). After the doctor's appointment, I carted Jackson and Grayson both over to Wal-Mart to have his new prescription filled. I was hoping to be in and out fast as I'm still nervous about going in public with both the little ones. After getting everything I could think I needed in Wal-Mart and waiting FOREVER for them to fill the prescription, the pharmacist looked at me and said, "Ma'am we are going to give this prescription to you for free because you've had to wait so long." Wow...a FREE prescription for having to wait at Wal-Mart! Who knew Wal-Mart actually cared about my time or convenience?

So there you go. You can't say there's nothing free these days. Michael, on the other hand, has now become a believer of my search for free things. He was shocked yesterday when I told him my story and even more shocked today. Maybe now he'll start saving the receipts that give you a chance to get something for free.

After all that reading, here are a few pictures of the boys. You deserve to look at something cute after reading all of that.









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your craftiness with money doesn't surprise us, not since the time we had a garage sale and you decided to sell your Freeze-Pops one at a time to all the kids! Loved the new pics and already miss the boys.

Marc and Kathy said...

I love that there is someone else out there in search of a good deal....or a free deal! Love the pictures of the boys; especially the 2nd one. Can't wait to meet Grayson.

The Azams said...

Way to go Meaghan!
Jackson and Grayson sure do make a cute pair of brothers!
Awww....Grayson looks so cute in his Texas Tech onesie! Brady came home from the hospital in one just like that...

Meredith said...

I love free stuff! I also do all the online surveys to get my 20% off my next purchase. So I'm with you with coupons & free stuff!

And the pictures are adorable. Precious boys!

Amelia said...

That's pretty surprising about wal-mart! You go with your free stuff! Love the sweet pics.